The Ornamental Lake
The western section of the park is situated on the north and south-facing slopes of a valley formed by the Grove Brook, a tributary to the River Tame, which is dammed to form a small lake. The lake was formed around 1895 to the design of Kenworthy, when land to the north of the original park was acquired. A smaller pool immediately to the west of the lake is today covered over with metal grilles, while the lake is surrounded by late metal railings. Source
On the island in the centre of the lake is a piece of modern art called Hands/Minds Speak by Lawson Oyekan, installed in 2010, following the redevelopment of the park in 2006.
The Statue in the Lake
The Ornamental Lake, 1960s